Sunday, April 12, 2009

Scientology and me

So I like to research most things before I make any proclamations, but this is what know and I'll keep it brief.

There are few things I can really say about Scientology, but what I can say (and this can apply to most cults) is that there are three mentalities.

The first being the moron:

The moron will accept what the cult says in the initial meeting, no matter how outrageous, flawed, or even personal it may be. For example:

Cult member:"My god sir, you are depressed, more than any human should be."

Moron: "that's funny, many doctor's and psychiatrists have said that I'm fine, but I suppose that if you say I'm depressed, then by all means I should be. What should I do cult member who doesn't have any degrees, expertise, or good advice?"

CM: "Pay $1000 and you can be without pain for the rest of your life."

Moron: "How can I lose?"

DONE.

The second being the rational human:

Hard to believe, but I've met several people who just buy the books of L.R. Hubbard and do not donate to the church. This meaning that they do not have to sacrifice 10% of their income to the church of Scientology (which is true, the church shaves 10% off of your income, imagine Tom Cruise who's worth just under a billion dollars). What I have learned in these case's is that though L.Ron is completely superficial and as far from what could be conceived as a prophet(or profit, cough), not to mention the fact that what he did write is worse fiction the Ann Rand. L. Ron was a poor writer and had a less than normal relationship with many younger men, end of story.
BUT
What he did do, which is the salvation to the rational human, was to create writings which were beneficial to the self. He did write books which spoke of confidence, morality, and ways to live which, to the rational human being, may be good for the self.
And I have met people to prove it.
These people did not donate(or in the churches eyes, perform what is a necessity to be part of), but simply took simple lessons to making their lives better in the same sense that one would take what one rational human would from the bible.
Side note: the bible is another rant for another time, but to make it simple, there are moral lessons to be taken from it which any human can live by.

The Tree house Mentality:

The allure of the church can be compared simply to the mentality of a child, for those wanting to join and those encouraging. If you had the opportunity of ever experiencing a children's "club" then you'd know this mentality. Though this is an extreme example, it could be like a kid walking up to the tree, seeing the sign," boys or girls only club" then taking a stab at entering. They'd walk up, and the club members would say, "ok, you can only enter if we kick you in the balls as hard as we can, five times." The kid agrees. After the swelling has gone down, the kid will enter the club and notice there's an average section with only chairs, a section with toys, a section with toys and food, and a private section which one can only assume has food, toys, naked women, and your own private booth to talk with God one on one. The kid asks the ones who let him in how to move on from the average sitting section and move up the chain. They reply, "well first we'd have to kick you in the balls 50 times a day for one month, to the next section we'd have to cut them off, and to be in the private section you'd need to harvest the balls and female organs of all your family members."
This exaggeration is not too far from what they make you do in that wonderful church of scientology.

It has also come to my attention that there is another copycat scientology cult kicking around Toronto which is only increasing in size. So for the love of God(being me, of course) don't let any of your friends try to convince you that 'Landmarks" is a philosophical society, an institute of higher learning, or a righteous path to salvation.

I know the thought of anyone joining either of those cults is unimaginable or even funny, BUT THINK AGAIN.

It has even happened to me. I had a Landmarks member living in my home for 8 years and I didn't even fucking know it. The fucking scoundrel nearly ruined my family, nearly sent my mother to a psychiatry ward, and was also a terrible cook. He was a mix between the Moron and the Treehouse and that made him an incredibly fucked up person. He tried his hardest to be a good person but instead just continually ruined himself and everyone around him.

Finally remember this, the one person these cults prey on are people with low self-esteem and people who are depressed, exactly who the guy in my families life was when he joined.

So for fuck's sake, keep care of your family and friends and let's make sure no one ends up in one of these cults!

1 comment:

  1. To be a member of any type of church, they expect that you tithe 10% of your weekly income. Scientology is no exception.

    I think that all forms of religion feel it necessary that, as a service, they charge for the "benefits" they are offering.

    By your take of "cults" that could be ANY church organization preying on the desperation of humans.

    Can you tell I'm bitter towards all types of organized religion?

    ReplyDelete